Quotes

"Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand?" ~~~ Eric Draven from The Crow

"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven claws." ~~~ Jim Morrison, The Doors






Monday, October 11, 2010

Infusion room madness

As I sit here at Harborview Hospital waiting with my mom to start her chemo I was thinking about how this just sucks.  It sucks that people have to go through this.  It is way worse for those going through this then it is for the person that is just sitting there keeping them company.  Some people don’t even have anyone with them to keep them company while they are getting their chemo infusion.  My mom is crocheting another blanket to be donated for another cause she supports.  She still is active as she can be in her causes.  She doesn’t go to as many meetings as she did before.  Her walking as slowed down to a crawl since her cancer is effecting her leg.  She is part of the VFW and the people there are supportive.  If I can’t take her to one of her appointments due to work, one of them is always there ready to take her.  I take her when I can and she understands that.  She doesn’t want me to lose my job right now. 

Hopefully we will meet with her lawyer soon so we can get the lawsuit against our local hospital started.  I’m just afraid they are going to drag it out till she is no longer with us to see the results.  It’s not like we are being selfish.  They should of done their jobs correctly and not have dismissed my mother.  Now my mother has to pay with a shortened life span cause they were too much in a hurry to even care about what she is going through or to even run ONE test.  That’s all they had to do, run ONE test.  That’s all  Harborview did and they found it, so how come our local hospital didn’t do that?  Question to put out into the void.

My mom is in a grumpy mood.  She is wear her Grumpy t-shirt and her Grumpy sweatshirt.  I would be too if I had to go through what she is going through.  In and out of hospitals for the past year and finally getting an answer a couple months ago.  I can’t stand watching my mom get poked.  They killed the veins her arms so they had to implant a port, which is now easier on her.  We are going to go shopping for shirts for her that we will call her chemo shirts. To make it easier to access the port without pulling her t-shirt.

I don’t get to have access to their wi-fi so by the time I get to post this we will already be home.  Writing all of this in a word document right now to keep the time passing smoothly.

Still waiting for them to start her chemo.  They are running tests first to make sure they can give her the chemo.  So I played a game of Bejeweled 2 and I realized that I don’t like repetitive music.  Maybe that is why I could never get into techno music. 



~~~~~~~~~~


Now here I am about to post this blog and I was telling a guest about how mom now needs to go to the U of Wa in the U District now for her chemo and she says that is BS.  We should be able to get it locally to us. But alas I must drive even further north, but for my Mom I would do it without hesitation.





<3 u Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment